A great way to support Milwaukee Film’s Black Lens program is to join our Black Lens Council, designed to generate support for Black Lens and Milwaukee Film. The Black Lens Council provides ongoing access to films by African American filmmakers and instills a direct link between the Milwaukee community and the Black Lens Program. On top of it all, Black Lens Council members receive great year-round and festival benefits.
How It Works:
Black Lens Council membership is available to new members of Milwaukee Film at $400.
If you're already a Milwaukee Film Member, sign up for $250.
Simply read the benefits below, then click here to sign up.
How your support helps:
- Allows Milwaukee Film to bring more Black Lens filmmakers to the Festival, including luminary figures like Robert Townsend (who hosted a screening of his film Hollywood Shuffle at our 2014 film festival) and Stanley Nelson (who attended in 2015 with his film The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution).
- Provides local students with access to Reel Talks school visits from visiting Black filmmakers.
- Provides the opportunity for MPS students to attend the Milwaukee Film Festival through our Education Screenings.
What you will receive:
- Two tickets to one screening of each film in Black Lens program (selections must be made by September 6, 2016; restrictions may be applied based on theater capacity)
- Two Black Lens t-shirts
- Name recognition in the Milwaukee Film Festival Program Book (must register by July 27, 2016 to be included) and a slide before each film screening in the Milwaukee Film Festival (must register by August 8, 2016 to be included)
- Invitation to our Black Lens Kick-Off event
- A Milwaukee Film Festival Fan-level Membership for two (for new members; current members receive membership benefits at their current level), which includes:
- Two invitations to 12 free Members-Only Screenings, including the Super Secret screening during the festival (first come, first served)
- The best discounts on festival vouchers & passes: up to 40% in advance and 20% during the festival
- A chance to buy festival tickets at our box office one day before the general public
- 15% off MKE Film Festival merchandise
- $2 off Adult Evening Admission at the Avalon Theater, Rosebud Cinema, and Times Cinema with your membership card. Not valid with other discounts.